Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Painting The Brick-Day 1




Ok...I'm well aware that many people are going to be upset by our decision to paint the brick on our home. Believe me, I've done my homework and I'm well aware that it's a VERY controversial subject. I've heard it all from "it makes a maintenance free home require maintenance"..."it cheapens the look of the home"..."it reduces the value of the home"...and my favorite, "what kind of IDIOT would paint brick?"

When we moved into this house 10 1/2 years ago, I loved almost everything about it. One of the exceptions was the dated, tri-colored brick. I always knew that some day I would paint it. However, it has not escaped my attention that it will cause quite a stir.

Personally, I LOVE the look of painted brick, and am quite excited about the primer going on the first side today. I can already visualize how great it's going to look. I can't wait!!!

So, if you would like an opportunity to let us know your thoughts on the subject, all I can say is...bring it on. I can take it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment